What will i need?
- 8 oz. (220g) 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup (200g) coconut palm sugar
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (75g) almond meal
- ¼ cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, chopped
HOW TO MAKE A FLAX EGG
- To make one flax egg mix 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal and 2 ½ tbsp. water. Let it rest for 5 mins to thicken.
- 223 kcal
- 15g Fats
- 21g Carbs
- 3g Protein
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a 8×8-inch baking pan with baking paper.
- Place the coconut oil and chopped chocolate in a medium size heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of lightly simmering water. Stir the chocolate and coconut oil until they are completely melted.
- In a large bowl, mash avocado and then stir in the chocolate mixture. Whisk in the sugar, then add in the flax eggs and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Next add in the cocoa powder, almond meal, baking powder and salt, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Finally, stir in chopped walnuts.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking tin and place it in the middle of the oven. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until the middle is set.
- Let completely cool on a rack and cut into 12 squares
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 35 mins